Eating well can be difficult because of the high price of buying and preparing healthy alternatives to everyday meals. Yogurt is an expensive food to purchase fresh, which has led many people to cut yogurt out of their diet unnecessarily. Many people purchase home yogurt makers so that they can have fresh yogurt with any meal without breaking the bank. The Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker is one of the most popular small yogurt makers on the market, and users can use it to make their own yogurt at home in order to save money and eat better.
Salton YM9 Yogurt Maker
Click Here for Customer Reviews
Click Here for the Price on Amazon!
Salton produces a host of cooking appliances that make preparing healthy dishes a breeze. Salton offers a wide variety of yogurt makers, but very few are as popular as the YM9. The Salton YM9 takes all the functions of previous Salton yogurt makers and combines them into a sleek, modern device. The appliance’s ease-of-use and improved design has made it one of the easiest ways to produce fresh yogurt automatically without a lot of mixing or cleanup afterwards.
- The Salton YM9 is a consumer yogurt maker
- Measures 5.5 x 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Weighs 3 pounds
- Holds one quart (converter to metrics here)
- Freezer-safe internal container
- Domed see-through lid
- Storage for power cord in base
- Internal fermentation vessel
- Built-in reminder timer
- Internal heating unit
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
The YM9 comes with a high-capacity fermentation unit that can produce enough yogurt to satisfy any appetite. The YM9 can ferment up to a quart of milk in one large container, instead of in several smaller fermentation chambers like other yogurt makers. This makes the device much easier to operate, and it makes each batch of yogurt much more consistent, because the user doesn’t have to adjust and monitor several fermentation chambers at the same time.
The device takes approximately four to ten hours to make a fresh batch of yogurt. The amount of time it takes depends entirely on what type of yogurt you’re trying to produce. It’s a rule of thumb that the longer you ferment yogurt, the more tart the flavor will be. After a long fermentation period, the yogurt will also have a thicker consistency, which is preferred by many users. You can alter the flavor of the yogurt by adding other ingredients like fruits and nuts to the mixture. In addition to producing regular yogurt, the user can also place the fermentation capsule into the freezer to create frozen yogurt if desired. It takes about two hours for the yogurt to fully congeal into frogurt, but the user can leave the yogurt in the freezer longer if they prefer a thicker consistency.
- The device is easy to clean and simple to maintain
- The Salton YM9 is designed to ferment milk in a one-quart container instead of in several smaller containers like with other yogurt makers. This helps decrease the setup time and makes the device easier to use
- The compact design makes the device mush easier to handle and store
- The heating unit has a domed, see-through lid that can help the user gauge how much longer they should let the yogurt ferment
- Depending on the consistency of they yogurt you’re making, the device only takes about four to ten hours to finish a batch of yogurt
- The internal fermentation vessel can be placed in the freezer after the yogurt is done fermenting to make frozen yogurt
- It’s easy to add additional ingredients and flavors to the fermentation vessel to make naturally sweetened yogurt
- Much more competitively priced than devices with similar capabilities
- Yogurt from the Salton YM9 can be stored for up to one week
- Aftermarket replacement parts are easy to find and simple to install
- The internal timer doesn’t have any form of audible alarm or auto-shutoff function. The timer simply acts as a reminder to check the contents of the yogurt maker
- The device is fairly complicated to use, so the manufacturer recommends that the user read the appliance manual before making their first batch of yogurt
- The device operates by plugging in, and there are no external on, off switches
For the Price on Amazon, click here!
The Salton YM9 is one of the best conventional yogurt makers currently on the market. The device’s ease of use and quick yogurt-making mechanism has made the device a favorite among online reviewers. The devices receives a rating of four stars or more in 85 percent of all reviews, which makes it one of the most popular yogurt makers available. The yogurt maker can save you money in the long run because you won’t have to buy more expensive, supermarket-brand yogurt and you can make as much fresh yogurt as you want from the comfort of your own kitchen from just a few common ingredients and some tips and tricks.
Interested in trying out a few different recipes to make homemade yogurt? Read the following articles here.