For many people, Greek yogurt is an integral part of their everyday meal plan, and a reliable home yogurt maker has become one of the most important small appliances in their kitchen. Creating authentic Greek yogurt at home can enrich the user’s life by offering fresh-tasting yogurt while saving money on the cost of buying it at a grocery store. Greek yogurt is a food that can be included in almost any recipe that calls for yogurt, so for many Greek yogurt enthusiasts, a constant supply of yogurt is necessary to maintain their daily diet. The Mykonos yogurt maker includes everything that you’ll need to make large batches of Greek yogurt, without breaking the bank on buying the unit.
Oster CKSTYM1012 Mykonos Greek 2-Quart Digital Yogurt Maker
Click here for Customer Reviews
Click here for the Price on Amazon!
The Mykonos yogurt maker can be used with any type of milk, so vegan dieters will be happy to hear that you can use the device to make yogurt from soy and other dairy free milk. Greek yogurt is also a great source of daily vitamins and minerals for the lactose intolerant. Greek yogurt has twice the protein value of regular yogurt with only half the calories, which makes it is an excellent addition to any meal. The Oster Mykonos can be used to produce any type of yogurt, not just Greek yogurt. Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics and can help improve your digestive health. Many health enthusiasts eat Greek yogurt with their breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so for them a home yogurt machine like the CKSTYM1012 is essential.
- The Oster CKSTYM1012 Mykonos is a Greek yogurt maker
- Measures 6.5 x 13.2 x 11.5 inches
- Weighs 4.8 pounds
- Shipping weight 7 pounds
- Set of six, seven-ounce glass jars with lids
- One large 17-ounce container with lid
- Includes Greek yogurt strainer
- Recipe book included
- LCD display screen and timer
- Base made from stainless steel
- Cover made from plastic
- Timer button
- Start and stop button
- Fermenting time of ten to twelve hours
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty on parts and labor
The Mykonos Greek Yogurt Maker allows the user to completely customize the method they use to prepare yogurt that suits their diet and taste preferences. The device’s main function is to produce Greek yogurt, but any variant of yogurt can be made using the Mykonos. The user can add extras to the fermenting yogurt by simply removing the cap from the fermenting jars and inserting the ingredients. From there the unique flavors will ferment into the yogurt, giving it a unique flavor and texture.
The device is very versatile, and it can create anything from a single serving of yogurt to a huge 32-ounce batch. The large batch size is also convenient for preparing brunch parfaits and healthy deserts to serve to large gatherings. On the other hand, you can prepare individual six-ounce jars of yogurt for quick meals, or a snack that you can grab on the go.
You can make Greek yogurt in three simple steps using the Mykonos. First, mix the milk and starter cultures together and then pour the mixture into the unit. Then set the correct fermenting time on the front of the machine and allow the device to cook for 10 to 12 hours. Then strain the contents and you’ll have a fresh batch of Greek yogurt.
- The device can be used to make protein rich Greek yogurt
- The Greek yogurt strainer and other items can be stored neatly inside the unit after use
- The device is much more competitively priced than items with similar yogurt-making capabilities
- The yogurt maker can be used with dairy milk, soy milk, or almond milk, which is traditionally used for making Greek yogurt
- The device is great for making personalized servings of Greek yogurt, as well as large batches of yogurt
- The strainer can be used with the large plastic container, which helps cut down on the amount of time it takes to make large amounts of Greek yogurt
- The device is very sturdy, and the controls are easy to understand and use
- The device produces consistent results when the directions are followed and the correct ingredients are added
- The strainer doesn’t have a metal mesh, which makes it resistant to staining, rusting, and weakening over months of use
- The device doesn’t come with a thermometer, which is unusual considering that the Oster is a kitchen appliance. Even small kitchen appliances typically come with some type of temperature gauge
- The instruction booklet is a bit small compared to manuals included with similar devices
Click Here for the Price on Amazon!
Users report that the Oster CKSTYM1012 Mykonos Greek Digital Yogurt Maker can quickly and easily produce a large batch of fresh yogurt at the push of a button. The device is very popular with online reviewers, and has an average score of four stars or higher on over 90 percent of all reviews. Users say that the device helps them to eat better by offering a healthy alternative to store-bought products and processed yogurts. They also say that they’re amazed at how much money they save by making their own yogurt instead of purchasing it at the grocery store. The Oster Mykonos is easy to use and affordable, and regular users of the unit will recoup the money they spend on the yogurt maker with the savings they enjoy on the finished product.